1 Knob of Butter
4 Fillets of lovely fresh mackerel
A little hand full of dill
1 tsp of nice vinegar
3 tsp of good extra virgin olive oil
Lemon juice and a little extra chopped dill
4-6 leaves of lettuce
- Start by slicing the radish’s thinly. Half the piece of cucumber lengthways and de seed. Thinly slice at an angle.
- Chop the little handful of dill and keep back a pinch until later.
- Mix the sliced cucumber, radish and chopped dill in a bowl with the olive oil and vinegar and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a hot frying pan until it foams and then add the mackerel filets flesh side down.
- Fry until nicely browned (Approx. 5 mins) then turn over and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove to a plate.
- Place a couple of leaves of lettuce on the plate beside the mackerel and spoon some of the cucumber salad on top.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice into the frying pan and add the saved dill. Spoon over the mackerel.
- Serve and enjoy!