- Remember you want this to be white so no green stuff!
- Sweat the onions in a big knob of butter with salt and pepper until nice and soft.
- Add all the other vegetables and sweat for another 10 minutes, being very careful not to brown them.
- Add the stock and simmer until everything is soft.
- Liquidise and then if you want it extra smooth, sieve in a fine sieve, this is really worth it.
- Finally, add cream and adjust seasoning.
- Tip - We highly recommend the sieving bit, taste it before and after, you'll be amazed by the difference.
- Also, don't worry if it's not really white after whizzing. The cream will sort this out!