- Make a simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from 4 to 6 lemons, enough for one cup of juice.
- Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher.
- Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes.
- If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.
- Serve with ice and sliced lemons.