- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high and fry chorizo until golden on both sides.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic, onion and capsicum to pan and cook for 3 minutes, then add paprika.
- Return chorizo to the pan and stir in the rice, bay leaves, passata, stock and cayenne.
- Season well.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add prawns, cover, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and stir well.
- Place in serving bowls and garnish with shallots.