- Pre heat your oven to 160 degrees celcius.
- Put your onions, carrots and celery into a heavy bottomed sausepan with a couple of glugs of olive oil.
- Cook over a low heat till onion is transparent and has lost its crunch, but not brown.
- Put your meat into saucepan and stir, add in stock and tinned tomatoes.
- Add slow roasted or sun dried tomatoes. These add a really lovely strong tomatoey flavour but are not essential.
- Throw in your herbs and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling away, pop into the oven and cook for a minimum of two hours, preferably three.
- The meat should be fall apart tender.
- Serve with mashed spuds.