- Heat honey in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until dark golden, then add orange juice and rind, mustard and cloves and simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Remove skin from ham and discard.
- Score fat in a crisscross pattern, stud with remaining cloves in the centre of each diamond.
- Place ham on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Half fill roasting pan with water and brush ham liberally with glaze.
- Roast, basting frequently with remaining glaze, for 1 hour, or until golden.
- Note: Mustard fruit, also called mostarda di Cremona, is candied fruit preserved with mustard oil, available from gourmet food stores.