Salsa... This is not really a sauce, more like a warm, crunchy, syrupy, spicy marmalade.
- Melt butter in pan and fry onions gently to caramelize (I added suger to speed up the process).
- After a couple of mins, add the chopped ginger.
- Gently fry for further 5 mins then add orange peel, lemon juice and sugar.
- Continue to cook for further 6/7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dry fry the walnuts for a couple of minutes then break into pieces.
- 1 minute before serving, add the walnuts.
- Chop tough ends off of the asparagus.
- Wash & dry the 'gus.
- Place on a row of long skewers on a roasting dish (keeps them from burning on one side), brush with olive oil and place in an oven @ 180° for 6/7 mins.
- Serve salsa on top of a slice/2 of orange (peel cut off) on end of 'gus.
- First time I tried this so wide open for modification. G'luck :-)